Glymed describes their Jessner Peel as producing "effective yet predictable peeling with 14% Salicylic acid, 14% Lactic acid and 14% Resorcinol. This advanced solution helps to oxygenate and detoxify congested skin while providing antibacterial, antiseptic and astringent properties while reducing oil production." This peel is recommended for moderate to advanced acne, keratinized skin, and aging skin. This peel is also great for reducing the appearance of acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
The Jessner peel is typically a light-medium peel, which means it removes skin cells from the top layer of your skin, the epidermis, and the upper portion of the middle layer, the dermis. However, it can also be used as a superficial peel with less layers, which has a faster healing time but needs to be performed more often to get the results of a deeper peel. This peel can be administered as a single treatment, or as a series of 3 treatments over an 8 week period. The series builds on the effect of each prior chemical application. Whether you choose to do a single treatment or partake in the slightly more aggressive series, both will produce improvement in the texture, brightness and luminosity of your skin.
At byLOMUNS, the actual treatment itself consists of up to 3 applications of the Jessner’s solution. At this time, your skin may feel warm with some prickliness. This feeling will subside within a few minutes, as the solution moves through the skin. Once the chemical movement in the skin stops, your skin will immediately feel firmer, smoother and tighter. A heavy moisturizer and UV protectant will be applied before you leave the studio and go about your day.
The most important post treatment activity a client can do, is drink 6-8 glasses of water, while keeping the skin hydrated and protected.
Within 24-48 hours of the chemical application, actual peeling will begin. Oh, not the scary peeling! Absolutely not! This type of peeling is more like a sunburn peel, and the entire peeling process will take approximately 3-5 days. No hiding out or wearing disguised needed!
What are the benefits?
– reduce dark patches and age spots
– even out skin tone
– reduce the appearance of scars
– smooth fine lines and wrinkle
– treat melasma (skin discoloration), hyperpigmentation, and acne scars
What is the post care?
– Skin should be minimally touched for the first 1 to 2 days
– Never peel off the skin; allow the skin to shed naturally
– Avoid UV exposure. If you need to go outside, do not forget to wear sunscreen. An SPF of at least 30 should be worn at all times during the daylight hours.
– Avoid extreme temperature exposure and exercise or activity that will cause sweating during the first several days after the peel
– Do not apply water or oil based products on the application area for six to eight hours (preferably overnight). Water can push the solution deeper into the skin, and oil will neutralize the action of the peel.
– When the skin begins peeling (typically around day 3 post-peel), add hydrating skin care products to your regimen
– No makeup until peeling is complete